Ciabatta dinner rolls
- 3 3/4 cup (560g) ‘00’ flour, bread flour or plain flour
- 3 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon (7g) dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup (500ml) warm water
- 2 teaspoon plain flour, extra
Ciabatta dinner rolls
- 1Place flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl of an electric mixer. Add oil and enough of the water to form a very soft, sticky dough. Mix with a dough hook on low for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 2Lightly flour a large bowl; scrape dough into bowl. Place bowl in a large plastic bag; seal bag. Stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough doubles in size.
- 3Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Return to bowl; place in a plastic bag, seal bag. Stand in a warm place for 1 hour or until dough doubles in size.
- 4Preheat oven to 240°C (220°C fan). Flour two large oven trays.
- 5Divide dough into 12 pieces; shape into rounds. Place on trays; stand for 45 minutes or until risen slightly.
- 6Dust tops of rolls lightly with extra flour. Cut a slit in the centre of each roll. Spray rolls lightly with a fine mist of water or sprinkle lightly with water.
- 7Bake rolls for 20 minutes or until browned lightly and sounds hollow when tapped on the base. For crusty rolls, spray rolls with water every 5 minutes during baking. Cool rolls on a wire rack.
The dough is very soft, even sloppy, so is difficult to knead by hand.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021