- 250 gram butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (110g) pure icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (150g) walnuts, roasted, chopped finely
- 2 1/3 cup (350g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (120g) pure icing sugar, extra
- 1Preheat oven to 100°C (160°C fan-forced). Line large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in the walnuts and flour.
- 3Roll level tablespoons of dough into balls; place about 5cm apart on prepared trays. Bake for about 12 minutes or until biscuits are pale golden. Cool for 2 minutes.
- 4Gently roll biscuits in sifted extra icing sugar. Place on wire racks to cool.
- 5Dust again with sifted icing sugar just before packaging or serving.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Warming vegetarian stews and casserolesApr 16, 2021
- Potato recipesApr 16, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyApr 16, 2021
- Melting momentsApr 15, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeApr 15, 2021
- 26 easy beef stews and casserolesApr 15, 2021
- 19 of our tastiest savoury tartsApr 15, 2021
- Garlic and rosemary focacciaApr 15, 2021
- Salted caramelsApr 15, 2021