- 2 cup (320g) sultanas
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) coarsely chopped raisins
- 1 cup (140g) coarsely chopped seeded dried dates
- 1 cup (190g) coarsely chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup (70g) slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) water
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 185 gram butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) brandy
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 cup (125g) soya flour
- 1 cup (150g) rice flour
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 1Stir fruit, nuts, the water, sugar, butter, brandy and golden syrup in large saucepan over low heat until spread melts. Transfer mixture to large heatproof bowl; cool.
- 2Grease 2.25-litre (9-cup) pudding steamer; line base with baking paper.
- 3Stir sifted dry ingredients and almond meal into fruit mixture. Spoon mixture into steamer, cover pudding with greased foil; secure with lid or kitchen string.
- 4Place steamer in large saucepan with enough boiling water to come halfway up side of steamer; simmer, covered, about 6 hours, replenishing water as necessary to maintain level. Stand in steamer 10 minutes before turning pudding out.
This recipe is gluten-free, wheat-free, yeast-free, and egg-free. Chop all fruit a similar size to the sultanas. Use orange juice instead of brandy, if you like. Cut holly leaves from lightweight card; bend gently to shape.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lamb shanksMay 26, 2022
- Ham and cheese croquettesMay 26, 2022
- Slow-cooked bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Basil, chickpea and vegetable stewMay 26, 2022
- 28 easy ways with bologneseMay 26, 2022
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsMay 26, 2022
- Cauliflower parmigianaMay 26, 2022
- Classic lemon cheesecakeMay 26, 2022
- 30 fabulous fish curriesMay 26, 2022
- Red velvet cakeMay 26, 2022
- Mulled wineMay 26, 2022
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladMay 26, 2022
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaMay 26, 2022
- 26 things you can make with a bottle of red wineMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022