Christmas celebration salad
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, large chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 bunch rocket
- 1 small radicchio, cored, leaves separated
- 1 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 2 buffalo mozzarella, torn
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 fresh long red chilli, jullienne
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Christmas celebration salad with maple dressing
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, oil, maple syrup and chilli flakes. Season. Spread over tray. Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender and caramelised.
- 3Meanwhile, to make maple dressing; in a jug, whisk all ingredients together. Season.
- 4On a serving platter, arrange rocket, radicchio, zucchini, pumpkin and mint leaves. Drizzle with dressing. Top with mozzarella, pine nuts and chilli to serve.
Make the dressing ahead and store in the fridge in a screw top jar. Shake well before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020