Chow mein noodles
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500 gram beef mince
- 440 gram packet thin egg noodles
- 6 green onions, white part 2cm lengths, tips shredded
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 200 gram green beans, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 carrot, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cup shredded wombok
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts, to serve
Chow mein noodles
- 1In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil on high. Stir-fry beef in 2 batches, breaking up lumps, 4-5 minutes each until evenly browned. Remove from wok.
- 2Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Soak 1 minute, then gently separate with a fork. Drain well.
- 3Add remaining oil to wok. Stir-fry onion, garlic, ginger and chilli 1 minute. Add beans and carrot and stir-fry 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle spice over and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- 4Return mince to wok with noodles, stock, sauces and sesame oil. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes until simmering.
- 5Toss wombok through, 1 minute until just wilted. Remove from heat. Mix green onion tips through. Serve sprinkled with nuts.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019