- 20 gram butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to hot. 220°C (200°C fan forced). Lightly grease two oven trays.
- 2Combine butter with the water in small saucepan, bring to a boil. Add flour, beat with wooden spoon over heat until mixture comes away from base and side of saucepan and forms a smooth ball.
- 3Transfer mixture to small bowl, beat in egg with electric mixer until mixture becomes glossy.
- 4Spoon mixture into piping bag fitted with 1cm plain tube, proceed with éclair, profiterole or paris-brest recipes.
Choux pastry mixture will come away from side of pan and form a ball
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Dinner date recipes to impressToday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieToday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesToday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersToday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlYesterday 11:51pm
- Coconut dessert recipesYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast dessertsYesterday 10:49pm
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeYesterday 10:12pm
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeYesterday 8:00pm
- Quick and easy plum tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 20 easy vegetarian curry recipesMar 29, 2020
- Sourdough rye breadMar 29, 2020
- Easy boston bunMar 29, 2020
- Aussie damperMar 29, 2020