Chorizo penne grill
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 gram fresh chorizo sausage
- 300 gram penne pasta
- 2 portobello mushrooms (200g), sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 2 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup tomato passata
- 1/2 cup oregano leaves
- 1 cup mixed pitted olives
- 200 gram greek feta, crumbled
- crusty bread, to serve
Chorizo penne grill
- 1Preheat oven to grill to hot.
- 2In a large oven-proof frying pan heat oil on medium. Cook chorizo 8-10 minutes, turning, until just cooked through and sausages release fat. Remove from pan. When cool enough to handle, thickly slice.
- 3Meanwhile, in large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, until al dente. Drain.
- 4Using same pan with rendered fat, saute mushrooms 2 minutes on high until lightly coloured. Add onion and eggplant and cook 2-3 minutes, until onion softens. Stir in garlic and paprika, cook 1 minute.
- 5Add wine to pan to deglaze. Stir in passata and half oregano. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Return sausage to pan with pasta, olives and half feta, stir until just combined.
- 6Crumble remaining feta over. Grill 3-4 minutes until bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and serve with crusty bread.
If liked add some grated mozzarella to the top with the feta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019