Chorizo penne grill
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 gram fresh chorizo sausage
- 300 gram penne pasta
- 2 portobello mushrooms (200g), sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 2 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup tomato passata
- 1/2 cup oregano leaves
- 1 cup mixed pitted olives
- 200 gram greek feta, crumbled
- crusty bread, to serve
Chorizo penne grill
- 1Preheat oven to grill to hot.
- 2In a large oven-proof frying pan heat oil on medium. Cook chorizo 8-10 minutes, turning, until just cooked through and sausages release fat. Remove from pan. When cool enough to handle, thickly slice.
- 3Meanwhile, in large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, until al dente. Drain.
- 4Using same pan with rendered fat, saute mushrooms 2 minutes on high until lightly coloured. Add onion and eggplant and cook 2-3 minutes, until onion softens. Stir in garlic and paprika, cook 1 minute.
- 5Add wine to pan to deglaze. Stir in passata and half oregano. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Return sausage to pan with pasta, olives and half feta, stir until just combined.
- 6Crumble remaining feta over. Grill 3-4 minutes until bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and serve with crusty bread.
If liked add some grated mozzarella to the top with the feta.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019