- 3 fresh chorizo sausages (450g)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 grams tagliatelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup (60g) coarsely grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Remove chorizo from their casings; finely chop sausage meat until it resembles mince.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat; cook chorizo, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until golden. Add garlic; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; cover to keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain, reserving ¼ cup (60ml) cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan; cover to keep warm.
- 4Half-fill a large frying pan with water; bring to the boil. Stir in vinegar. Break one egg into a cup, then slide into pan; repeat with remaining eggs. When all eggs are in pan, return water to the boil. Cover pan, turn off heat; stand for 4 minutes or until a light film of egg white sets over yolks. Remove eggs, one at a time, using a slotted spoon; place spoon on paper towel-lined plate briefly to blot up any poaching liquid.
- 5Working quickly, add chorizo mixture to pasta with half the parmesan, remaining oil and enough reserved cooking liquid to create a coating consistency; season to taste.
- 6Serve pasta topped with eggs, remaining parmesan and parsley.
Try to get the freshest free-range eggs available when poaching as the whites will set better and keep their shape.Recipe is not suitable to freeze.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 5 make-from-scratch desserts to share and impressYesterday 10:00pm
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeYesterday 6:35am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- Christmas candy cane sliceYesterday 12:46am
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021
- Lemon chickenNov 30, 2021