- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (70g) cornflour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam
- 300 militres thickened cream, whipped
- 250 grams dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 125 grams salted butter, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease two 20cm round cake pans; line bases with baking paper.
- 2Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved between additions; transfer mixture to large bowl. Triple-sift dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture.
- 3Spread mixture into pan; bake about 25 minutes. Turn sponges out immediately, then turn right side up onto baking-paper-covered wire rack, to cool completely.
- 4Combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan, stirring over low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cool 15 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- 5Spread jam over one of the sponges. Top with whipped cream then place second sponge on top. Spread with chocolate ganache.
Unfilled sponges suitable to freeze. Chocolate ganache suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020