- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (70g) cornflour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam
- 300 militres thickened cream, whipped
- 250 grams dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 125 grams salted butter, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease two 20cm round cake pans; line bases with baking paper.
- 2Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved between additions; transfer mixture to large bowl. Triple-sift dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture.
- 3Spread mixture into pan; bake about 25 minutes. Turn sponges out immediately, then turn right side up onto baking-paper-covered wire rack, to cool completely.
- 4Combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan, stirring over low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cool 15 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- 5Spread jam over one of the sponges. Top with whipped cream then place second sponge on top. Spread with chocolate ganache.
Unfilled sponges suitable to freeze. Chocolate ganache suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladToday 1:26am
- Four ways with stuffingToday 12:00am
- 25 terrific tray bakesYesterday 10:52pm
- Baked beef sausages with rosemary and tomatoYesterday 10:00pm
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 9:00pm
- Traditional GozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooker mushroom risottoYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Coconut and pineapple sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- The ultimate lamb shanks recipe collectionYesterday 2:00pm
- Vegetarian sausage rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieYesterday 6:13am
- 31 terrific tofu recipesYesterday 1:28am