- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (70g) cornflour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam
- 300 militres thickened cream, whipped
- 250 grams dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 125 grams salted butter, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease two 20cm round cake pans; line bases with baking paper.
- 2Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved between additions; transfer mixture to large bowl. Triple-sift dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture.
- 3Spread mixture into pan; bake about 25 minutes. Turn sponges out immediately, then turn right side up onto baking-paper-covered wire rack, to cool completely.
- 4Combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan, stirring over low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cool 15 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- 5Spread jam over one of the sponges. Top with whipped cream then place second sponge on top. Spread with chocolate ganache.
Unfilled sponges suitable to freeze. Chocolate ganache suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019