- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (70g) cornflour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam
- 300 militres thickened cream, whipped
- 250 grams dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 125 grams salted butter, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease two 20cm round cake pans; line bases with baking paper.
- 2Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved between additions; transfer mixture to large bowl. Triple-sift dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture.
- 3Spread mixture into pan; bake about 25 minutes. Turn sponges out immediately, then turn right side up onto baking-paper-covered wire rack, to cool completely.
- 4Combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan, stirring over low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cool 15 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- 5Spread jam over one of the sponges. Top with whipped cream then place second sponge on top. Spread with chocolate ganache.
Unfilled sponges suitable to freeze. Chocolate ganache suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022