- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (70g) cornflour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (80g) raspberry jam
- 300 militres thickened cream, whipped
- 250 grams dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 125 grams salted butter, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease two 20cm round cake pans; line bases with baking paper.
- 2Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy; gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved between additions; transfer mixture to large bowl. Triple-sift dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture.
- 3Spread mixture into pan; bake about 25 minutes. Turn sponges out immediately, then turn right side up onto baking-paper-covered wire rack, to cool completely.
- 4Combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan, stirring over low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cool 15 minutes, or until thickened slightly.
- 5Spread jam over one of the sponges. Top with whipped cream then place second sponge on top. Spread with chocolate ganache.
Unfilled sponges suitable to freeze. Chocolate ganache suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 lovely lentil recipesToday 12:40am
- Grilled haloumi, white nectarine & kohlrabi saladYesterday 2:04am
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019