- 125 gram butter, chopped
- 100 gram dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa
- 1/2 cup (65g) cranberries
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup (150g) raw caster sugar
- 2 cup (160g) desiccated coconut
Chocolate slice with macaroon topping
- 1Preheat the oven 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a shallow 20cm square cake pan, line base and two sides with baking paper, bringing paper 5cm above the side of the pan.
- 2Combine the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan; stir over a low heat, stirring until just melted.
- 3In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla bean paste and stir to combine. Add the chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Sift over the flour and cocoa and stir to combine; fold through the cranberries.
- 4Spread mixture into the prepared tray and bake for 15 minutes or until just firm.
- 5Meanwhile, make coconut topping: In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until just frothy, then add the sugar and coconut; mix well.
- 6Remove the slice from oven and carefully spoon over the Coconut Topping; use a fork to rough up the surface.
- 7Return slice to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the coconut is golden brown.
- 8Cool and then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021