Chocolate self-saucing puddings
- 45 gram butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
Chocolate self- saucing puddings
- 1Grease four 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes.
- 2Melt butter with milk in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in caster sugar, then sifted flour and 1 tbsp cocoa. Divide mixture between dishes.
- 3Sift brown sugar and remaining cocoa into a small bowl; spoon over pudding mixture in dishes. Carefully pour the boiling water over mixture. Cover dishes tightly with foil. Place 1½ cups (375ml) water in an 8-litre pressure cooker. Place dishes in cooker and secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 12 minutes.
- 4Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Remove dishes from cooker. Stand puddings 5 minutes before serving.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Croque monsieurYesterday 7:00pm
- Osso buco with gremolataYesterday 5:00pm
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019