Chocolate self-saucing puddings
- 45 gram butter
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
Chocolate self- saucing puddings
- 1Grease four 1-cup (250ml) ovenproof dishes.
- 2Melt butter with milk in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in caster sugar, then sifted flour and 1 tbsp cocoa. Divide mixture between dishes.
- 3Sift brown sugar and remaining cocoa into a small bowl; spoon over pudding mixture in dishes. Carefully pour the boiling water over mixture. Cover dishes tightly with foil. Place 1½ cups (375ml) water in an 8-litre pressure cooker. Place dishes in cooker and secure lid. Bring cooker to high pressure. Reduce heat to stabilise pressure; cook 12 minutes.
- 4Release pressure using the quick release method; remove lid. Remove dishes from cooker. Stand puddings 5 minutes before serving.
If you have an electric pressure cooker you won't need to reduce the heat to stabilise pressure, your cooker will automatically stabilise itself. Always check with the manufacturer's instructions before using.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020
- Braised beef brisketMay 28, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Pressure Cooker Beef BourguignonMay 28, 2020
- All of our best nachos recipesMay 28, 2020