- 60 gram butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 24 white and pink marshmallows
- 300 gram milk chocolate or dark chocolate melts
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) pure icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- green food colouring
- small icing flowers
- 1Beat butter, egg, sugar and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flour and cocoa. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 3Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using a 4.5cm round cutter, cut 24 rounds of dough, re-rolling scraps as necessary. Place rounds on trays leaving room for the dough to spread. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove the cookies from the oven, then immediately place one marshmallow on the top of each hot cookie. Return to oven for 1 minute. Cool on the trays.
- 5Melt chocolate in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water. Place cookies on wire rack over baking paper-lined tray. Spoon chocolate over biscuits to completely cover marshmallows. Stand at room temperature until chocolate sets.
- 6To make royal icing, sift icing sugar through a very fine sieve. Lightly beat egg white in a small bowl with an electric mixer; add icing sugar, a tablespoon at a time. When icing reaches firm peaks, use a wooden spoon to beat in juice and a few drops of food colouring. Cover tightly with plastic wrap until ready to use.
- 7Place royal icing in disposable piping bag or resealable bag. Snip the corner to make a small opening. Pipe a rabbit face on each biscuit and use icing flowers for eyes.
Not suitable to freeze. Chocolate suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019