- 1/2 cup (70g) roasted unsalted pistachios
- 250 gram (8 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (185g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) rice flour cup
- 35 gram dutch cocoa powder
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Process half the nuts until finely ground, finely chop remaining nuts.
- 3Beat butter and sifted icing sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, stir in sifted flours, cocoa and ground nuts, in two batches. Turn dough onto floured surface, knead until smooth.
- 4Divide dough into two portions, roll each between sheets of baking paper into 23cm (9-inch) rounds, place on trays. Mark each round into 12 wedges, prick with a fork. Using floured fingers, pinch a frill around each shortbread, sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- 5Bake about 30 minutes. Cool shortbreads on trays before cutting into wedges.
The ultimate Christmas indulgence these cookies are full of rich and luxurious ingredients cocoa, butter, sugar and pistachios it will be hard to stop them disappearing from the cookie jar. Use a cake pan or plate to mark a circle on the dough, then cut the dough into a neat round.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- White sauceSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020