- 50 g cocoa powder
- 125 ml boiling water
- 200 g butter, softened
- 330 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 140 g smooth peanut butter, at room temperature
- 225 g White Wings self-raising flour
- 35 g White Wings plain flour
- 180 ml buttermilk
- 220 g peanut butter-filled milk chocolate, chopped coarsely
Peanut butter ganache
- 500 g white chocolate
- 95 g smooth peanut butter, at room temperature
- 250 ml pouring cream
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Grease a deep 20cm x 30cm rectangular (at least 4cm deep) cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending 2cm on all sides.
- 2Stir cocoa and the water in a small heatproof jug until cocoa dissolves.
- 3Beat butter, sugar and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs, then cocoa mixture and peanut butter until combined (mixture may look curdled at this stage). On low speed, fold in White Wings flours and buttermilk, in two batches, until smooth. Spread the mixture into the pan, level the top.
- 4Bake cake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Make peanut butter ganache.
- 6Spread ganache on top of cooled cake. Decorate with peanut-butter-filled chocolate.
Peanut butter ganache
- 7Place chocolate and peanut butter in a medium heatproof bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan until almost boiling; pour over chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring occasionally until mixture is chilled and thickened. Beat thickened peanut butter ganache with an electric mixer for about 10 seconds until pale and fluffy.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Chilli con carneYesterday 1:15am
- What's in season in January?Jan 20, 2020
- Chilli con capsicumJan 19, 2020
- Gai lan and mushroom five-spice stir-fryJan 19, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJan 16, 2020
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceJan 16, 2020
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoJan 16, 2020
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020