- 50 g cocoa powder
- 125 ml boiling water
- 200 g butter, softened
- 330 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 140 g smooth peanut butter, at room temperature
- 225 g White Wings self-raising flour
- 35 g White Wings plain flour
- 180 ml buttermilk
- 220 g peanut butter-filled milk chocolate, chopped coarsely
Peanut butter ganache
- 500 g white chocolate
- 95 g smooth peanut butter, at room temperature
- 250 ml pouring cream
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Grease a deep 20cm x 30cm rectangular (at least 4cm deep) cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending 2cm on all sides.
- 2Stir cocoa and the water in a small heatproof jug until cocoa dissolves.
- 3Beat butter, sugar and extract in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs, then cocoa mixture and peanut butter until combined (mixture may look curdled at this stage). On low speed, fold in White Wings flours and buttermilk, in two batches, until smooth. Spread the mixture into the pan, level the top.
- 4Bake cake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5Make peanut butter ganache.
- 6Spread ganache on top of cooled cake. Decorate with peanut-butter-filled chocolate.
Peanut butter ganache
- 7Place chocolate and peanut butter in a medium heatproof bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan until almost boiling; pour over chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring occasionally until mixture is chilled and thickened. Beat thickened peanut butter ganache with an electric mixer for about 10 seconds until pale and fluffy.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The-night-before Christmas ice-cream cakeYesterday 11:50pm
- Lemon meringue sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Hash brownsYesterday 1:00pm
- CassataYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Julie Goodwin shares her chocolate trifle recipeNov 20, 2019
- Melting momentsNov 20, 2019
- Best ever Christmas fruit cake recipeNov 20, 2019
- Fresh apricot jamNov 20, 2019
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 20, 2019
- Spiced Christmas biscuitsNov 20, 2019
- Moist Christmas cakeNov 20, 2019
- Brandy custardNov 20, 2019
- Classic trifleNov 20, 2019
- Curried prawnsNov 20, 2019