- 2/3 cup (150 g) caster sugar
- 2/3 cup (160ml) water
- 125 gram dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 4 egg yolks
- 300 millilitre thickened cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoon dutch cocoa, for dusting
- 3 medium (720g) oranges
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Line base and sides of a 8cm x 22cm terrine or loaf pan with baking paper.
- 2Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat, without boiling, until sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate, stir until chocolate is melted and syrup is smooth.
- 3Beat egg yolks in a small bowl with an electric mixer, 3-5 minutes, until pale. Gradually pour in sugar syrup, beating constantly until mixture is cool. Fold in whipped cream, brandy and almonds.
- 4Pour mixture into prepared pan. Cover, freeze overnight or until firm.
- 5For orange salad, remove rind and all white pith from oranges, discard. Remove orange segments by cutting through each side of the membranes and place segments in a medium bowl. Squeeze any excess juice from the orange membranes and drizzle honey over segments.
- 6To serve, turn out parfait. Cut into 6 thick slices. Serve with orange salad and a dusting of cocoa.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupYesterday 1:00pm
- 30 sweet slice recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022