- 170 gram dark chocolate
- 250 gram philadelphia cream cheese
- 75 gram caster sugar
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon rum
- 2 large free-range eggs, size-7
- 50 gram caster sugar
- 300 millilitre cream
- 1Melt chocolate in a bowl in the microwave, or set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with a little barely-simmering water and stir until chocolate melts (don’t let chocolate get hot).
- 2Whip cream cheese with the first lot of caster sugar (75g), vanilla extract and rum.
- 3Separate the eggs, putting the whites in a grease-free bowl. Whip egg whites to a dense foamy snow, then beat in the second lot of sugar in 3-4 lots; don’t make it as stiff as for a meringue or it will be difficult to mix with the other ingredients. Whip 250ml of cream until it's a similar consistency to the egg whites.
- 4Mix chocolate and egg yolks into cream cheese then immediately fold in egg whites, and lastly the cream. Work quickly. Spoon mixture into glasses then chill.
- 5Before serving, lightly whip remaining cream and spoon a dollop on top of each glass. Dust with cocoa and serve.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tom yum fried rice with prawnsToday 7:15am
- Quinoa recipes that really hit the spotToday 5:27am
- Creamy chicken and pasta saladToday 1:30am
- Vegetarian lasagne recipesSep 11, 2019
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeSep 11, 2019
- Jerk fish & slaw salad cupsSep 10, 2019
- Mixed berry and ricotta tartSep 10, 2019
- Chicken, burghul & pomegranate saladSep 09, 2019
- Fudgy choc-cherry biscuitsSep 06, 2019
- Flourless chocolate hazelnut cakeSep 06, 2019
- Potato bakeSep 06, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafSep 06, 2019
- Quiche LorraineSep 05, 2019