- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 200 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup (180ml) cream
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 100 gram unsalted butter, chopped coarsely
- 2 1/4 cup (360g) icing sugar
Chocolate mocha dacquoise terrine
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Line three oven trays with baking paper; draw a 10cm x 25cm rectangle on each tray.
- 2Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating after each addition until sugar dissolves; fold in sifted cocoa.
- 3Spread meringue mixture evenly over rectangles; bake, 45 minutes or until meringue is dry to touch. Turn off oven; cool meringues in oven with door ajar.
- 4Meanwhile, stir chocolate and cream in small saucepan over low heat until smooth, transfer to small bowl; refrigerate until firm. Beat chocolate mixture with electric mixer about 20 seconds or until changed to a paler colour.
- 5To make mocha butter cream; dissolve coffee powder in water in small bowl; cool. Beat butter in small bowl with electric mixer until pale in colour; gradually beat in sifted icing sugar. Beat in coffee mixture.
- 6Place one meringue layer on serving plate; spread with half the chocolate mixture, then top with half the mocha butter cream. Top with another meringue layer; spread with remaining chocolate mixture, then with remaining mocha butter cream. Top with last meringue layer, cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Dust with a little extra sifted cocoa before serving.
- 7Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022