Chocolate jaffa tart
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar
- 125 gram cold unsalted butter, chopped coarsley
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoon iced water, approximately
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, finely grated
- 2/3 cup (160ml) thickened cream
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 60 gram dark eating chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon grand marnier
- 140 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely, extra
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream,extra
- 20 ferrero rocher chocolates,halved
Chocolate jaffa tart
- 1Grease 24cm-round loose-based flan tin.
- 2Blend or process flour, icing sugar and butter until crumbly. Add egg yolks and enough of the water to make ingredients just come together. Knead pastry on floured surface until smooth. Enclose with plastic wrap, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Roll pastry, between sheets of baking paper, until large enough to line tin. Lift pastry into tin, press into base and side, trim edge. Cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- 5Place tin on oven tray, line pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake 10 minutes, remove paper and beans. Bake further 10 minutes or until pastry is browned lightly, cool. Reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- 6Meanwhile, whisk whole eggs, rind, cream, caster sugar, chocolate, sifted cocoa powder and liqueur in medium bowl until combined. Pour chocolate mixture into pastry case.
- 7Bake tart about 30 minutes or until filling is set, cool.
- 8Stir extra chocolate and extra cream in small saucepan over low heat until smooth. Spread warm chocolate mixture over top of cold tart, refrigerate until set. Decorate with Ferrero Rocher halves.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic sconesYesterday 12:35am
- Rocky roadOct 22, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Chinese omelettesOct 22, 2020
- Sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Traditional shortbreadOct 22, 2020
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceOct 22, 2020
- Sticky glazed slow-roast pork neckOct 22, 2020
- Roast vegetable terrineOct 22, 2020
- Morning and afternoon tea recipesOct 22, 2020
- Fruit mince piesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin and couscous saladOct 22, 2020
- Lemon and sugar pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladOct 22, 2020
- Curried pasta saladOct 22, 2020