- 200 gram chocolate ripple biscuits
- 1/3 cup (45g) slivered almonds, roasted
- 100 gram butter, melted
- 3 bamboo skewers
- 200 gram dark chocolate melts
- gold and silver cachous, edible gold glitter
- 16 (200g) ferrero rocher
- 200 gram milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 gram dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 1/2 cup (60ml) water
- 2 cup (500ml) thickened cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) irish cream liqueur
- 1Grease a 20cm springform pan; line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above side.
- 2Pulse biscuits in food processor until some small chunks remain. Transfer to a medium bowl; stir in almonds and butter. Press mixture lightly over base of pan using a glass. Refrigerate while preparing Mousse.
- 3To prepare Mousse, melt chocolates in a large microwave-safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second bursts, stirring between each to melt evenly. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small bowl; microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds or until dissolved. Whisk cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Whisk eggs and sugar in a separate bowl with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or until pale and thick. Add gelatine mixture to chocolate then fold in egg mixture. Fold through liqueur, quickly followed by cream.
- 4Pour Irish Cream Mousse over biscuit base in pan. Cover; refrigerate 6 hours or overnight until set.
- 5Meanwhile, draw 2 sets of lines, 6cm apart, on a large piece of baking paper. Turn paper over and place skewers on one end, about 7cm apart. Melt chocolate and place in a plastic piping bag. Snip off the end of the bag to make a fine point. Pipe 12 tree shapes about 4cm wide at the base and the tip of the trees slightly above the top line. Sprinkle with cachous and glitter after piping 3 trees. Pipe another 3 larger tree shapes halfway up the skewers (about 6cm wide at base and 12-14cm tall); sprinkle trees with cachous and glitter after piping each one. Stand or refrigerate until firm, about 5 minutes. Trim skewers about 7cm from base of trees.
- 6Lightly press smaller trees around side of cake. Insert skewers into cake; decorate with unwrapped Ferrero Rocher.
Not suitable to freeze. Chocolate suitable to microwave. To cut neat slices from the cake, dip the knife into warm water and dry with paper towel between each cut. The cake can be made up to 2 days ahead; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic sconesYesterday 12:35am
- Rocky roadOct 22, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Chinese omelettesOct 22, 2020
- Sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Traditional shortbreadOct 22, 2020
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceOct 22, 2020
- Sticky glazed slow-roast pork neckOct 22, 2020
- Roast vegetable terrineOct 22, 2020
- Morning and afternoon tea recipesOct 22, 2020
- Fruit mince piesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin and couscous saladOct 22, 2020
- Lemon and sugar pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladOct 22, 2020
- Curried pasta saladOct 22, 2020