- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 185 gram butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon icing (confectioners') sugar
- 40 gram butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (40g) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup (160g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole (¹⁄³-cup/80ml) muffin pan with paper cases.
- 2Sift flours and cocoa into a large bowl of an electric mixer, add caster sugar, butter, eggs and milk; beat on low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium; beat until mixture is smooth and has changed to a paler colour. Drop ¼ cup of the mixture into paper cases.
- 3Bake about 20 minutes. Stand cupcakes in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4Make raspberry frosting: Blend or process ingredients until smooth.
- 5Carefully cut the top off each cupcake. Using the cutter, cut heart shapes from tops; reserve tops. Sprinkle heart shape with sifted icing sugar.
- 6Spread 2 teaspoons of the raspberry frosting over each cake. Replace tops, then top with hearts, using picture as a guide.
Uniced cakes can be made a day ahead or frozen for up to three months. Ice cakes on the day of serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded pumpkin breadYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple crumbleYesterday 1:00pm
- White chocolate, raspberry and macadamia blondiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free banana breadYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- 28 mango recipes for dessertYesterday 1:00pm
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- How to start a food blogOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Vietnamese chicken pho recipeOct 19, 2021