- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (200g) icing sugar
- 3/4 cup (90g) ground almonds
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
Dark chocolate ganache
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cream
- 155 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon finely crushed buttered brazil nuts
- 1Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add caster sugar; beat until sugar dissolves; transfer mixture to large bowl. Fold in sifted icing sugar, ground almonds and sifted cocoa, in two batches.
- 2Spoon mixture into piping bag fitted with 1cm plain tube. Pipe 4cm rounds about 2.5cm apart onto trays. Tap trays on bench so macaroons spread slightly. Stand 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F. Bake macaroons about 20 minutes. Cool on trays.
- 4To make the dark chocolate ganache: Bring cream to the boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat; pour over chocolate in small bowl, stir until smooth. Stir in nuts. Stand at room temperature until spreadable.
- 5Sandwich macaroons with dark chocolate ganache.
Buttered Brazil nuts are toffee-coated nuts. They're available from nut shops and gourmet food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019