- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (200g) icing sugar
- 3/4 cup (90g) ground almonds
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
Dark chocolate ganache
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cream
- 155 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon finely crushed buttered brazil nuts
- 1Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add caster sugar; beat until sugar dissolves; transfer mixture to large bowl. Fold in sifted icing sugar, ground almonds and sifted cocoa, in two batches.
- 2Spoon mixture into piping bag fitted with 1cm plain tube. Pipe 4cm rounds about 2.5cm apart onto trays. Tap trays on bench so macaroons spread slightly. Stand 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F. Bake macaroons about 20 minutes. Cool on trays.
- 4To make the dark chocolate ganache: Bring cream to the boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat; pour over chocolate in small bowl, stir until smooth. Stir in nuts. Stand at room temperature until spreadable.
- 5Sandwich macaroons with dark chocolate ganache.
Buttered Brazil nuts are toffee-coated nuts. They're available from nut shops and gourmet food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- South-East Asian dinner recipesYesterday 11:51pm
- Peach galetteYesterday 2:00pm
- What food is in season in June?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Pineapple upside-down cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterYesterday 2:00pm
- Impossible pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Custard tartYesterday 2:00pm
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Banana cake recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Vietnamese beef brisketMay 29, 2020
- Baked rice custardMay 29, 2020
- Easy guacamoleMay 28, 2020
- Boeuf bourguignonMay 28, 2020