- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (200g) icing sugar
- 3/4 cup (90g) ground almonds
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
Dark chocolate ganache
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cream
- 155 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon finely crushed buttered brazil nuts
- 1Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add caster sugar; beat until sugar dissolves; transfer mixture to large bowl. Fold in sifted icing sugar, ground almonds and sifted cocoa, in two batches.
- 2Spoon mixture into piping bag fitted with 1cm plain tube. Pipe 4cm rounds about 2.5cm apart onto trays. Tap trays on bench so macaroons spread slightly. Stand 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F. Bake macaroons about 20 minutes. Cool on trays.
- 4To make the dark chocolate ganache: Bring cream to the boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat; pour over chocolate in small bowl, stir until smooth. Stir in nuts. Stand at room temperature until spreadable.
- 5Sandwich macaroons with dark chocolate ganache.
Buttered Brazil nuts are toffee-coated nuts. They're available from nut shops and gourmet food stores.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate fig panforteToday 1:18am
- Coconut sago puddingsToday 12:50am
- White christmas rocky roadToday 12:28am
- Coriander, lemon and chilli hummusToday 12:20am
- Thai green chicken curryYesterday 1:04am
- Coconut jam dropsNov 17, 2019
- Raspberry gelatoNov 17, 2019
- Rosé sangriaNov 17, 2019
- Bordelaise sauceNov 17, 2019
- Corned beef with mustard sauceNov 17, 2019
- The perfect potato chipNov 17, 2019
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019