- 3/4 cup (45g) shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 2 cup (80g) cornflakes
- 1/2 cup (95g) dark choc bits
- 185 gram butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 125 gram dark eating chocolate, melted
- 1Preheat oven to moderate. Grease 20cm x 30cm lamington pan; line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- 2Combine coconut, sugar, sifted flour, cornflakes and Choc Bits in large bowl. Stir in combined butter and egg. Press mixture into base of prepared pan.
- 3Bake in moderate oven about 20 minutes or until browned lightly; stand 5 minutes before turning slice onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Cut slice into pieces. Place melted chocolate into a small piping bag and drizzle over each piece.
If you do not have a small piping bag, place the melted chocolate in a small plastic sandwich bag and snip off one corner. If the chocolate starts to set while you are piping, microwave for about 5 seconds on HIGH (100%) power. This recipe can be made a week ahead; store in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesToday 1:00pm
- Sensational summer dessertsToday 1:00pm
- Pumpkin pieToday 1:00pm
- Classic rum ballsToday 4:29am
- Salmon gravlax platterYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free and dairy-free steamed puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Perfect barbecue prawnsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spiced pumpkin pies with honey & nutsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky chicken wings with dipping sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Cherry tomato and goats cheese bruschettaYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best bruschetta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Garlic breadNov 24, 2020
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020