- 3/4 cup (45g) shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) self-raising flour
- 2 cup (80g) cornflakes
- 1/2 cup (95g) dark choc bits
- 185 gram butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 125 gram dark eating chocolate, melted
- 1Preheat oven to moderate. Grease 20cm x 30cm lamington pan; line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- 2Combine coconut, sugar, sifted flour, cornflakes and Choc Bits in large bowl. Stir in combined butter and egg. Press mixture into base of prepared pan.
- 3Bake in moderate oven about 20 minutes or until browned lightly; stand 5 minutes before turning slice onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Cut slice into pieces. Place melted chocolate into a small piping bag and drizzle over each piece.
If you do not have a small piping bag, place the melted chocolate in a small plastic sandwich bag and snip off one corner. If the chocolate starts to set while you are piping, microwave for about 5 seconds on HIGH (100%) power. This recipe can be made a week ahead; store in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy combination fried riceYesterday 3:00am
- Chocolate chip cookiesYesterday 1:21am
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Cheesy polenta and sausage bakeJun 20, 2021
- Mini chicken and leek piesJun 20, 2021
- Savoury pie recipes that will feed the familyJun 20, 2021
- Easy risotto recipesJun 19, 2021
- Our best pancakes recipeJun 19, 2021
- 23 luscious lamb recipes for your slow cookerJun 19, 2021
- Indian roasted tomatoes, chickpeas and chilliJun 19, 2021