- 4 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1 ¼ (185g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cups (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 (40g) desiccated coconut, plus 2 tbsp extra
- 1/4 cup (25g) dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 185 grams butter, melted
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture
- 2 tablespoon dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 20 softened butter
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm slice pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm over long sides.
- 2Place Weet-Bix, flour, sugar, coconut, cocoa and butter in a large bowl; mix well to combine.
- 3Press Weet-Bix mixture into pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool in pan.
- 4Meanwhile, to make icing, sift icing sugar and cocoa into a small bowl. Add butter
and the boiling water; mix until smooth.
- 5Spread icing over cooled slice; sprinkle with extra coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until icing sets.
- 6Transfer slice to a chopping board and cut into 24 squares.
Slice can be made up to 1 week in advance; store in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022