- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup (335g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 375 gram dark chocolate melts, chopped coarsely
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract, sugars and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in sifted flour and soda, in two batches. Stir in chocolate.
- 3Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls; place 5cm apart on trays.
- 4Bake cookies 15 minutes or until golden; cool on trays.
For a chewier cookie, bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 14 banana bread recipesToday 6:48am
- Garlic prawns with sourdough toastToday 12:23am
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Quiche LorraineYesterday 10:55pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 9:21pm
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeYesterday 5:00pm
- Delicious stir-friesYesterday 1:00pm
- Macaroni cheeseYesterday 1:00pm
- Chilli chicken stir-fryYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast loin of porkYesterday 1:00pm
- 12 sensational san choy bow recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken schnitzelYesterday 1:00pm