- 250 gram butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup (335g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 375 gram dark chocolate melts, chopped coarsely
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, extract, sugars and egg in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in sifted flour and soda, in two batches. Stir in chocolate.
- 3Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls; place 5cm apart on trays.
- 4Bake cookies 15 minutes or until golden; cool on trays.
For a chewier cookie, bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateYesterday 1:00pm
- Ricotta cheesecake with mangoYesterday 1:00pm
- Bourbon & molasses barbecue sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Passionfruit cheesecake sliceJan 15, 2020
- Paprika chicken with chilli sauceJan 15, 2020
- Crab and zucchini spaghettiJan 15, 2020
- Quick three-cheese frittataJan 15, 2020
- Prawn cocktail platterJan 15, 2020
- Chicken skewers with green olive dressingJan 15, 2020
- Three-ingredient plum tartJan 15, 2020
- Linguine with garlic prawnsJan 15, 2020
- Lamb kofta with yoghurtJan 15, 2020
- Scone recipesJan 15, 2020