Chocolate cherry cupcakes
- 90 gram (3 ounces) dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, extra
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (180ml) boiling water
- 125 gram (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/3 cup (50g) dried cherries, finely chopped
- 50 gram (1½ ounces) dark (semi-sweet) chocolate
- 20 (120g) fresh cherries
- 270 gram (8½ ounces) dark (semi-sweet) chocolate
- 2 tablespoon pouring cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) cherry liqueur
Chocolate cherry cupcakes
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan forced). Line 20 holes of two 12-hole (-cup/80ml) muffin pans with paper cases.
- 2Break chocolate into a small saucepan, add cocoa powder and the water, stir over low heat until smooth. Transfer mixture to a large bowl of an electric mixer, cool 10 minutes.
- 3Add butter, eggs, sugar, extract, sour cream and sifted flours and soda to the chocolate mixture. Beat with an electric mixer, on low speed, until combined. Increase speed to medium, beat about 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth and changed to a paler colour. Stir in dried cherries.
- 4Divide mixture evenly into paper cases. Bake about 20 minutes. Stand cupcakes in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, make chocolate cherry ganache. Break chocolate into a medium heatproof bowl, add cream and liqueur, stir over a medium saucepan of simmering water until smooth (don't let water touch base of bowl). Remove from heat. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until thick. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- 6Spoon ganache into piping bag fitted with a 2cm (¾-inch) fluted tube, pipe ganache over cupcakes. Grate extra chocolate, sprinkle over cakes, top with fresh cherries.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021