- 100 gram plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100 gram butter, softened
- 100 gram caster sugar
- 1 small free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup valrhona chocolate dots or chopped chocolate
- 75 gram brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- 2Sift flour, a pinch of salt, baking soda and ground cinnamon together onto a piece of paper.
- 3Beat butter with an electric beater until soft and loose, then beat in caster sugar and continue beating until light and creamy. Gradually beat in egg and vanilla extract. Mix in dry ingredients, adding lemon zest, chocolate dots and chopped nuts.
- 4Roll mixture into small balls with floured hands, putting 6 to a tray. Press flat into small rounds.
- 5Place trays in oven and bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until golden.
- 6Remove from oven but leave on baking sheets for several minutes to set.
- 7Bake remaining biscuits, always starting with a cold baking sheet.
- 8Once biscuits are set, transfer to a cooling rack, cool, then store in an airtight container.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladYesterday 11:40pm
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipYesterday 7:08am
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerYesterday 12:05am
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019