Chocolate banoffee pies
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 185 gram (6 ounces) cold unsalted butter, chopped coarsely
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon iced water, approximately
- 1 small_piece (130g) banana, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup (80ml) double (thick) cream
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, extra
- 60 gram (2 ounces) unsalted butter, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup (55g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (300g) sweetened condensed milk
- 30 gram (1 ounce) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoon golden syrup or treacle
Chocolate banoffee pies
- 1Process sifted flour, sugar and cocoa with butter until crumbly. With motor operating, add egg yolk and enough of the water to make ingredients cling together. Turn dough onto floured surface, knead gently until smooth. Wrap pastry in plastic, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2Grease two 12-hole (1-tablespoon/20ml) mini muffin pans. Roll out half the pastry between sheets of baking paper until 5mm (¼ inch) thick. Cut out 12 x 6cm (2¼-inch) rounds, press rounds into holes of one pan. Prick base of pastry cases well with a fork. Repeat with remaining pastry and pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced).
- 4Bake pastry cases about 12 minutes. Stand cases in pan 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, make chocolate caramel filling. Stir butter and sugar in small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Add condensed milk, cook, stirring, about 5 minutes until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate and syrup until smooth.
- 6Spoon hot filling into cases, cool. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 7Top pies with banana and cream, dust with a little extra sifted cocoa.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020