- 125 gram cream cheese, chopped
- 1 cup nutella
- 350 gram madeira cake, crumbled
- 1/2 cup ground almonds, toasted
- 180 gram dark chocolate
- 15 gram copha
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1Line a baking tray with foil.
- 2In a bowl, beat cream cheese and Nutella together until smooth. Mix in cake crumbs and almonds. Chill until firm enough to handle.
- 3Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Arrange on tray.
- 4Melt chocolate and Copha together in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring.
- 5Using 2 forks, toss balls in chocolate then toss in coconut or cocoa. Chill until firm. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Pack into boxes as a gift.
If preferred, melt chocolate with Copha in the microwave oven on medium (50 per cent) power in 1-minute bursts, stirring after each. Also, to make it easier, spoon the chocolate over the balls and then sprinkle with the coconut or cocoa.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 19 delicious dinners using turkey minceYesterday 1:00pm
- Easy chocolate browniesYesterday 1:00pm
- Quick-mix chewy choc-chip cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef rissoles and mashYesterday 1:00pm
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021