- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) hot water
- 150 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped
- 150 gram butter, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup (300g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (125g) ground almonds
- 4 eggs, separated
- 240 gram fresh raspberries
- 200 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup (160ml) thickened cream
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 22cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Blend cocoa powder with the hot water in a small bowl until smooth.
- 3Stir the chocolate and butter in large heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water until melted. Remove pan from heat; stir in cocoa mixture, sugar, ground almonds and egg yolks.
- 4Beat egg whites in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture, in two batches. Pour mixture into pan.
- 5Bake about 1 1/4 hours. Stand cake in pan for 15 minutes, before turning onto wire rack to cool.
- 6Meanwhile, to make chocolate ganache, stir ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- 7Arrange the raspberries on the cake; pour the ganache over the cake to partially cover berries. Stand at room temperature until set.
Cake suitable to freeze. Chocolate ganache suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019