- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) hot water
- 150 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped
- 150 gram butter, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup (300g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (125g) ground almonds
- 4 eggs, separated
- 240 gram fresh raspberries
- 200 gram dark eating chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup (160ml) thickened cream
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a deep 22cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Blend cocoa powder with the hot water in a small bowl until smooth.
- 3Stir the chocolate and butter in large heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water until melted. Remove pan from heat; stir in cocoa mixture, sugar, ground almonds and egg yolks.
- 4Beat egg whites in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture, in two batches. Pour mixture into pan.
- 5Bake about 1 1/4 hours. Stand cake in pan for 15 minutes, before turning onto wire rack to cool.
- 6Meanwhile, to make chocolate ganache, stir ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- 7Arrange the raspberries on the cake; pour the ganache over the cake to partially cover berries. Stand at room temperature until set.
Cake suitable to freeze. Chocolate ganache suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladJan 14, 2021
- Grilled vegetable and ricotta stackJan 14, 2021
- Lemon sliceJan 14, 2021
- Acai breakfast bowlJan 14, 2021
- LabneJan 14, 2021
- Classic mashed potatoesJan 14, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 14, 2021
- Canned tuna recipesJan 14, 2021
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamJan 14, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceJan 14, 2021
- Baba ghanoushJan 13, 2021
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsJan 13, 2021
- The ultimate collection of tasty dipsJan 13, 2021
- ShortbreadJan 13, 2021