- 1 sheet frozen butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cream
- 150 gram dark chocolate, chopped finely
- 30 gram butter, chopped
- 2 teaspoon orange-flavoured liqueur
- 1 1/4 cup (275g) caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 large orange, rind removed with a zester in long thin strips
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease a 12-hole round-based patty pan tray.
- 2Cut pastry sheet in half. Sift half the icing sugar over one pastry half. Place remaining pastry half on top, sift over remaining icing sugar.
- 3Roll up pastry tightly from short side. Cut log into 12 slices. Freeze pastry slices for 10 minutes (they will be too soft to handle, otherwise). Roll each pastry slice between two sheets of baking paper until a little more than 7cm in diameter. Using a 7cm cutter, cut out rounds to make an even shape. Place pastry rounds in patty pan holes, gently pressing to fit. Freeze in tray for 10 minutes.
- 4Bake on lower shelf of oven for about 12 minutes, then move to upper middle shelf of oven for a further 3 minutes or until browned lightly.
- 5Place cream, chocolate, butter and liqueur in a small heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a pan of just simmering water, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until just melted and smooth. Remove bowl from saucepan and set aside until cooled and thickened.
- 6Meanwhile, combine the sugar and water in a very small pan and cook, stirring, over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Add orange rind and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until rind is translucent and syrup is slightly thickened. Cool.
- 7Divide chocolate mixture among pastry cases. Just before serving, strain candied orange rind and decorate tartlets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Piri piri chickenDec 02, 2021
- Embrace eggplant with these 34 tasty recipesDec 02, 2021
- Roasted cauliflower with miso glazeDec 02, 2021
- Chocolate fig panforteDec 02, 2021
- Christmas candy cane sliceDec 02, 2021
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 01, 2021
- 20 salad recipes to serve with Christmas lunchDec 01, 2021
- 34 quick and indulgent treats for ChristmasDec 01, 2021
- What you can cook in your air fryerNov 30, 2021
- 34 breakfast ideas for Christmas morningNov 30, 2021
- 27 sensational stone fruit desserts for summerNov 30, 2021
- Christmas tree shortbreadsNov 30, 2021
- Jam shortbread snowflakesNov 30, 2021