Choc mint crush
- 60 gram dark eating chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup (160ml) water
- 90 gram butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (40g) ground almonds
Dark chocolate ganache
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 200 gram dark (semi-sweet) eating chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 24 mint chocolate drops
Choc mint crush
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- 2Stir chocolate and water in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- 3Beat butter, sugar and eggs in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted flour and cocoa, ground almonds and warm chocolate mixture. Drop ¼ cups of mixture into paper cases.
- 4Bake about 25 minutes. Stand cakes in pan 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 5To make dark chocolate ganache, bring cream to the boil in small saucepan; remove from heat. When bubbles subside, add chocolate and stir until smooth. Cool 15 minutes.
- 6Place mint chocolate drops in a small plastic resealable bag. Using rolling pin, gently tap lollies to crush slightly. Spread cold cakes with chocolate ganache; top with crushed mint chocolate drops.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlToday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsToday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Silverside frittersYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pumpkin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020