Choc-meringue and turkish delight torte
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 600 millilitre thickened cream, plus 1/3 extra
- 200 gram milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 gram dark chocolate, grated
- 4 55g turkish delight bars, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 125 gram punnet raspberries
Choc- meringue and turkish delight torte
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C. Lightly grease and line 3 oven trays. Draw three 15 x 25cm rectangles on baking paper.
- 2In a clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until dissolved. Beat in cocoa, cornflour and vinegar. Fold in hazelnut meal.
- 3Divide meringue between rectangles and spread with a palette knife. Bake 1 1/4 –1 1/2 hours until firm to touch. Cool in turned off oven with door ajar.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium heat-proof bowl, combine cream and milk chocolate. Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Heat, stirring, until smooth. Set aside to cool and thicken (ganache).
- 5In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer beat extra cream to soft peaks. Fold through dark chocolate.
- 6Top one meringue rectangle with one-third ganache (see tip). Top with one-quarter cream, Turkish delight pistachios. Repeat layers finishing with cream, raspberries, Turkish delight and pistachios. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
It's much easier to coat all meringue layers with ganache on bench first before layering.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingYesterday 9:22am
- Rosé and raspberry trifleYesterday 2:35am
- Salmon pastrami with yoghurt tartare and pickled cucumbersYesterday 1:07am
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- Gingerbread christmas treesDec 10, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019