Choc-meringue and turkish delight torte
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 600 millilitre thickened cream, plus 1/3 extra
- 200 gram milk chocolate, chopped
- 100 gram dark chocolate, grated
- 4 55g turkish delight bars, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 125 gram punnet raspberries
Choc- meringue and turkish delight torte
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C. Lightly grease and line 3 oven trays. Draw three 15 x 25cm rectangles on baking paper.
- 2In a clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until dissolved. Beat in cocoa, cornflour and vinegar. Fold in hazelnut meal.
- 3Divide meringue between rectangles and spread with a palette knife. Bake 1 1/4 –1 1/2 hours until firm to touch. Cool in turned off oven with door ajar.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium heat-proof bowl, combine cream and milk chocolate. Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Heat, stirring, until smooth. Set aside to cool and thicken (ganache).
- 5In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer beat extra cream to soft peaks. Fold through dark chocolate.
- 6Top one meringue rectangle with one-third ganache (see tip). Top with one-quarter cream, Turkish delight pistachios. Repeat layers finishing with cream, raspberries, Turkish delight and pistachios. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
It's much easier to coat all meringue layers with ganache on bench first before layering.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlToday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsToday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Silverside frittersYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pumpkin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020