- 1 kilogram watermelon, cut into small wedges
- 1 medium mandarin (200g), segmented
- 1 cup (150g) cherries
- 1 cup (130g) strawberries
- 1 medium kiwifruit (85g), sliced
- 8 dehydrated orange slices
- 8 dehydrated pineapple slices
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberries, crushed
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon slivered pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon activated buckwheat groats
- 2 teaspoons freeze-dried raspberry powder
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen, optional
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (100g) cacao powder
- 1Place fruit on trays lined with baking paper. With a paper towel, pat watermelon dry to remove excess moisture
- 2Place crunchy add-ons in separate small bowls.
- 3Make chocolate coating - Place coconut oil and cacao butter in a medium heatproof bowl over a smaller heatproof bowl of boiling water; whisk until combined and smooth. Whisk in syrup and vanilla; remove from heat. Whisk in cacao until combined and smooth.
- 4Working in batches, beginning with the smaller fruits, dip fruit into chocolate coating; allow excess chocolate to drain off. Sprinkle with a selection of crunchy add-ons; place on tray. If chocolate starts to thicken, reheat. Refrigerate choc-dipped fruit for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- 5Pour any leftover chocolate coating onto a plate lined with baking paper; sprinkle with leftover crunchy add-ons. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Break into pieces and serve with the choc-dipped fruit.
You can use any combination of fresh, dried and dehydrated fruit. Dried salad flowers are available online, and can also be labelled "salade de fleur".
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitToday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesYesterday 11:15pm
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019