- 1 kilogram watermelon, cut into small wedges
- 1 medium mandarin (200g), segmented
- 1 cup (150g) cherries
- 1 cup (130g) strawberries
- 1 medium kiwifruit (85g), sliced
- 8 dehydrated orange slices
- 8 dehydrated pineapple slices
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberries, crushed
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon slivered pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon activated buckwheat groats
- 2 teaspoons freeze-dried raspberry powder
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen, optional
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (100g) cacao powder
- 1Place fruit on trays lined with baking paper. With a paper towel, pat watermelon dry to remove excess moisture
- 2Place crunchy add-ons in separate small bowls.
- 3Make chocolate coating - Place coconut oil and cacao butter in a medium heatproof bowl over a smaller heatproof bowl of boiling water; whisk until combined and smooth. Whisk in syrup and vanilla; remove from heat. Whisk in cacao until combined and smooth.
- 4Working in batches, beginning with the smaller fruits, dip fruit into chocolate coating; allow excess chocolate to drain off. Sprinkle with a selection of crunchy add-ons; place on tray. If chocolate starts to thicken, reheat. Refrigerate choc-dipped fruit for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- 5Pour any leftover chocolate coating onto a plate lined with baking paper; sprinkle with leftover crunchy add-ons. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Break into pieces and serve with the choc-dipped fruit.
You can use any combination of fresh, dried and dehydrated fruit. Dried salad flowers are available online, and can also be labelled "salade de fleur".
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020