- 90 gram (3 ounces) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground almonds
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, extra
- 185 gram (6 ounces) dark eating (semi-sweet) chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 90 gram (3 ounces) butter, chopped
- 1Beat butter, sugar, egg and extract in small bowl with electric mixer until combined. Stir in ground almonds, sifted flour and cocoa, dried cranberries and sauce. Cover, refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease oven trays, line with baking paper.
- 3Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 3mm (⅛ inch) thick. Cut 4cm (1½ inch) fluted rounds from dough, place rounds about 2.5cm (1 inch) apart on trays. Bake about 8 minutes, stand biscuits on trays 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, make chocolate ganache. Stir chocolate and butter in small heatproof bowl over small saucepan of simmering water until smooth, cool. Refrigerate about 20 minutes or until spreadable. Beat with electric mixer until thick and glossy.
- 5Spoon ganache into piping bag fitted with 2cm (¾ inch) fluted tube. Pipe ganache onto flat-side of half of the biscuits, top with remaining biscuits. Refrigerate until firm. Before serving, dust with a little extra sifted cocoa.
This dough is quite soft. If it becomes difficult to handle, roll it out, then refrigerate again until firm.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- '90s Aussie kids' party foodFeb 25, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsFeb 25, 2021
- White chocolate cracklesFeb 25, 2021
- Delicious desserts packed full of sultanasFeb 25, 2021
- Chocolate freckle sliceFeb 25, 2021
- 27 quick and tasty chicken stir-fry recipesFeb 24, 2021
- Kung pao chickenFeb 24, 2021
- Vegan dulce de lecheFeb 24, 2021
- Tom yum soupFeb 24, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpFeb 24, 2021
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021