- 200 grams shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup (90g) rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (100g) cacao powder
- 1Grease an 11cm x 21cm (4½-inch x 8½-inch), 1 litre (4-cup) loaf pan; line with plastic wrap, allowing excess to overhang sides. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Process shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream, salt and rice malt syrup until just combined. Firmly and evenly press mixture into loaf pan; freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, make cacao coating. Combine coconut oil, cacao butter and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water; stir until melted and combined. Whisk in cacao powder until well combined.
- 4Remove coconut filling from freezer. Cut into eight bars; cut each bar in half horizontally. Using two forks, dip coconut bars in cacao coating until well coated. Place on lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Trim off any excess chocolate.
You could sprinkle the chocolate-coated bars with desiccated coconut before refrigerating, if you like. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Raspberry and custard tea cakeJun 24, 2019
- Lamb kebabs on rosemary skewersJun 23, 2019
- Apricot bliss ballsJun 23, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJun 21, 2019
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesJun 19, 2019
- 19 indulgent dark chocolate recipesJun 19, 2019
- 12 lovely lentil recipesJun 19, 2019
- Tamarind beef stir fry with kohlrabi saladJun 17, 2019
- Kohlrabi & sweet potato rosti with cashew dipJun 17, 2019
- Delicious recipes to try in your Kmart pie makerJun 17, 2019
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019