- 200 grams shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup (90g) rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (100g) cacao powder
- 1Grease an 11cm x 21cm (4½-inch x 8½-inch), 1 litre (4-cup) loaf pan; line with plastic wrap, allowing excess to overhang sides. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Process shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream, salt and rice malt syrup until just combined. Firmly and evenly press mixture into loaf pan; freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, make cacao coating. Combine coconut oil, cacao butter and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water; stir until melted and combined. Whisk in cacao powder until well combined.
- 4Remove coconut filling from freezer. Cut into eight bars; cut each bar in half horizontally. Using two forks, dip coconut bars in cacao coating until well coated. Place on lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Trim off any excess chocolate.
You could sprinkle the chocolate-coated bars with desiccated coconut before refrigerating, if you like. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Vanilla cake with vanilla bean icingOct 20, 2019
- Wheaty banana muffinsOct 20, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019