- 200 grams shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup (90g) rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (100g) cacao powder
- 1Grease an 11cm x 21cm (4½-inch x 8½-inch), 1 litre (4-cup) loaf pan; line with plastic wrap, allowing excess to overhang sides. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Process shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream, salt and rice malt syrup until just combined. Firmly and evenly press mixture into loaf pan; freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, make cacao coating. Combine coconut oil, cacao butter and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water; stir until melted and combined. Whisk in cacao powder until well combined.
- 4Remove coconut filling from freezer. Cut into eight bars; cut each bar in half horizontally. Using two forks, dip coconut bars in cacao coating until well coated. Place on lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Trim off any excess chocolate.
You could sprinkle the chocolate-coated bars with desiccated coconut before refrigerating, if you like. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsToday 12:54am
- Easter bunny cakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019