- 200 grams shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup (90g) rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (100g) cacao powder
- 1Grease an 11cm x 21cm (4½-inch x 8½-inch), 1 litre (4-cup) loaf pan; line with plastic wrap, allowing excess to overhang sides. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Process shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream, salt and rice malt syrup until just combined. Firmly and evenly press mixture into loaf pan; freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, make cacao coating. Combine coconut oil, cacao butter and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water; stir until melted and combined. Whisk in cacao powder until well combined.
- 4Remove coconut filling from freezer. Cut into eight bars; cut each bar in half horizontally. Using two forks, dip coconut bars in cacao coating until well coated. Place on lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Trim off any excess chocolate.
You could sprinkle the chocolate-coated bars with desiccated coconut before refrigerating, if you like. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 25 pasta recipesToday 2:08am
- Slow-cooker butter chickenYesterday 5:00pm
- Chocolate crackle sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 vegetarian stews and casserolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Butter chicken puff pastry hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy recipes to bake with your little onesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemonade sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Caprese saladJul 01, 2022
- 43 polenta recipes for dinner or dessertJul 01, 2022
- What food is in season in July?Jun 30, 2022
- Preserved lemon, mint and raisin couscous saladJun 30, 2022
- Nacho bowlsJun 30, 2022
- Rhubarb and strawberry sponge puddingsJun 30, 2022
- Tomato-braised lamb shanks with creamy polentaJun 30, 2022
- 18 gorgeous green curriesJun 30, 2022