- 200 grams shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup (90g) rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (100g) cacao powder
- 1Grease an 11cm x 21cm (4½-inch x 8½-inch), 1 litre (4-cup) loaf pan; line with plastic wrap, allowing excess to overhang sides. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Process shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream, salt and rice malt syrup until just combined. Firmly and evenly press mixture into loaf pan; freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, make cacao coating. Combine coconut oil, cacao butter and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water; stir until melted and combined. Whisk in cacao powder until well combined.
- 4Remove coconut filling from freezer. Cut into eight bars; cut each bar in half horizontally. Using two forks, dip coconut bars in cacao coating until well coated. Place on lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Trim off any excess chocolate.
You could sprinkle the chocolate-coated bars with desiccated coconut before refrigerating, if you like. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021