- 200 grams shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup (90g) rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (100g) cacao powder
- 1Grease an 11cm x 21cm (4½-inch x 8½-inch), 1 litre (4-cup) loaf pan; line with plastic wrap, allowing excess to overhang sides. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Process shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream, salt and rice malt syrup until just combined. Firmly and evenly press mixture into loaf pan; freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, make cacao coating. Combine coconut oil, cacao butter and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water; stir until melted and combined. Whisk in cacao powder until well combined.
- 4Remove coconut filling from freezer. Cut into eight bars; cut each bar in half horizontally. Using two forks, dip coconut bars in cacao coating until well coated. Place on lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Trim off any excess chocolate.
You could sprinkle the chocolate-coated bars with desiccated coconut before refrigerating, if you like. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chorizo and capscium savoury bread puddingFeb 13, 2019
- Caramel cheesecake sliceFeb 13, 2019
- Delicious recipes to back up your gut healthFeb 13, 2019
- Valentine's Day dinners worth staying in forFeb 12, 2019
- Turmeric dosa with green chilli potatoesFeb 10, 2019
- Healthy steamed fish and vegetable parcelsFeb 10, 2019
- Vegan tiramisuFeb 10, 2019
- Indian-style gnocchi with green veg masalaFeb 10, 2019
- Grain-free coconut granolaFeb 10, 2019
- Banana, coconut & rosemary nice-creamFeb 10, 2019
- Gluten-free buckwheat waffles with golden syrupFeb 10, 2019
- How to cook burghulFeb 10, 2019
- Vegetable lasagneFeb 10, 2019