- 200 grams shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup (90g) rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (100g) cacao powder
- 1Grease an 11cm x 21cm (4½-inch x 8½-inch), 1 litre (4-cup) loaf pan; line with plastic wrap, allowing excess to overhang sides. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Process shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream, salt and rice malt syrup until just combined. Firmly and evenly press mixture into loaf pan; freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, make cacao coating. Combine coconut oil, cacao butter and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water; stir until melted and combined. Whisk in cacao powder until well combined.
- 4Remove coconut filling from freezer. Cut into eight bars; cut each bar in half horizontally. Using two forks, dip coconut bars in cacao coating until well coated. Place on lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Trim off any excess chocolate.
You could sprinkle the chocolate-coated bars with desiccated coconut before refrigerating, if you like. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020