- 200 grams shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup (90g) rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) cacao butter, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup (80ml) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (100g) cacao powder
- 1Grease an 11cm x 21cm (4½-inch x 8½-inch), 1 litre (4-cup) loaf pan; line with plastic wrap, allowing excess to overhang sides. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Process shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut cream, salt and rice malt syrup until just combined. Firmly and evenly press mixture into loaf pan; freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, make cacao coating. Combine coconut oil, cacao butter and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water; stir until melted and combined. Whisk in cacao powder until well combined.
- 4Remove coconut filling from freezer. Cut into eight bars; cut each bar in half horizontally. Using two forks, dip coconut bars in cacao coating until well coated. Place on lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Trim off any excess chocolate.
You could sprinkle the chocolate-coated bars with desiccated coconut before refrigerating, if you like. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022