- 4 litre (16 cups) vanilla ice-cream
- 125 gram unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (55g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (110g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (95g) dark choc bits
- 10 dark chocolate melts
- 1Line one cake pan with four layers of plastic wrap, extending plastic wrap 10cm (4 inches) over side of pan.
- 2Working quickly, spoon ice-cream into pan, pressing down firmly and smoothing surface. Fold plastic wrap over ice-cream to enclose. Freeze 3 hours or overnight until firm.
- 3Remove ice-cream from pan, still wrapped in plastic, place on oven tray. Return to freezer.
- 4Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan forced). Grease both cake pans.
- 5Beat butter, extract and sugars in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, beat until combined. Transfer mixture to large bowl, stir in sifted flours then choc Bits.
- 6Divide dough in half, press one half over base of one pan. Press remaining half over base of second pan, leaving a 1cm (½-inch) gap around edge of dough, push chocolate Melts onto top of dough.
- 7Bake cookies about 20 minutes. Stand cookies in pans 20 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire racks to cool.
- 8Place plain cookie on cake board, top with ice-cream cake then choc-topped cookie. Serve immediately.
two deep 23cm (9¼-inch) round cake pans 25cm (10-inch) round cake board or serving plate Ice-cream cake and cookies can be prepared one day ahead. Store cookies in an airtight container. Use regular ice-cream for best results, high or low fat ice-creams are not suitable. Assemble cake just before serving. Use a serrated knife to cut the cake.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chicken satay skewers with crunchy saladJan 14, 2021
- Grilled vegetable and ricotta stackJan 14, 2021
- Lemon sliceJan 14, 2021
- Acai breakfast bowlJan 14, 2021
- LabneJan 14, 2021
- Classic mashed potatoesJan 14, 2021
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpJan 14, 2021
- Canned tuna recipesJan 14, 2021
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamJan 14, 2021
- No-bake Mars Bar sliceJan 14, 2021
- Baba ghanoushJan 13, 2021
- Mince and rice stuffed capsicumsJan 13, 2021
- The ultimate collection of tasty dipsJan 13, 2021
- ShortbreadJan 13, 2021