- 400 gram (12½ ounces) original tim tam chocolate biscuits
- 45 gram (1½ ounces) unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 185 gram (6 ounces) jersey caramels, chopped coarsely
- 250 gram (8 ounces) milk eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1Spray a 20cm x 30cm (8-inch x 12-inch) rectangular pan with cooking oil; use baking paper to line the base and sides, leaving 5cm (2 inches) of paper hanging over the sides of the pan.
- 2Put half the biscuits in a food processor; process until they have turned into fine crumbs. Chop the rest of the biscuits coarsely.
- 3Put the butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan. Turn the stove on to low and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- 4Put both lots of biscuits and the caramels in a medium bowl. Add the butter mixture; stir well. Put the slice mixture into the pan; press it down firmly. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, make the chocolate topping: put the ingredients in a small heatproof bowl; place the bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water on the stove on low heat. Stir with a metal spoon until the topping mixture is smooth.
- 6Take the pan out of the fridge; spread the chocolate topping over the slice with a palette knife. Put it back in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until the topping is firm.
You can keep the slice in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to four days. Tim Tams are chocolate-filled chocolate biscuits covered in chocolate. Jersey caramels are confectionery made from sugar, glucose, condensed milk, flour, oil and gelatine.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- The basic crepe recipe every cook needsNov 25, 2021
- Fresh apricot jamNov 25, 2021
- Honey and orange glazed hamNov 25, 2021
- 35 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit yoghurt cupcakesNov 25, 2021
- Bear clawsNov 25, 2021
- Five ingredient beef tacosNov 25, 2021
- Fruit mince swirl piesNov 25, 2021
- 20 beautiful biscotti recipesNov 25, 2021
- Passionfruit and lemon butterNov 25, 2021
- Tandoori chicken with cucumber saladNov 25, 2021
- SkordaliaNov 25, 2021
- Seafood chowderNov 25, 2021
- Pistachio and cranberry biscottiNov 25, 2021
- How to make pork laksa with five ingredientsNov 25, 2021