- 100 gram (3 ounces) unsalted butter, chopped coarsely
- 100 gram (3 ounces) white eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup (110g) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or treacle
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 180 gram (5½ ounces) white eating chocolate, melted
- 375 gram (12 ounces) milk chocolate melts, melted
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease 20cm x 30cm (8-inch x 12-inch) rectangular pan; line base with baking paper, extending paper 5cm (2 inches) over long sides.
- 2Stir butter, chopped white chocolate, sugar, milk and golden syrup in medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Transfer mixture to medium bowl; cool 10 minutes. Whisk in sifted flours, then egg. Spread mixture into pan.
- 3Bake cake about 30 minutes. Stand cake in pan 10 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Using hands, crumble the cake into large bowl; stir in melted white chocolate. Shape rounded tablespoons of mixture into balls, squeezing firmly; place on baking-paper-lined tray. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours.
- 5Push one lollypop stick about half-way into each cake ball. Working quickly, dip cake balls in melted milk chocolate, then sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles. Stand at room temperature until set.
You need to press the cake mixture into balls using your hands - do not roll as the mixture will crumble. You will need 25 lollypop or paddle pop sticks for this recipe. When dipping the cake pops in melted chocolate, tilt the bowl of chocolate to one side, so the chocolate is deep enough to completely coat balls and a bit of the stick in chocolate; this will ensure the balls don't fall off the sticks. Push the sticks of the popcakes into the top of a cardboard egg carton to dry.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm