Chipotle spiced chicken
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 35 g chipotle seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 (2kg) chicken Marylands, scored
- 600 g baby purple skinned sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 600 g baby orange sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Lime wedges, fresh mint and coriander, to serve
- 25 g butter
- 1 medium (150g) onion, finely chopped
- 4 (1kg) corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
Chipotle spiced chicken
- 1Combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, maple syrup, seasoning, garlic and juice in a large dish and stir to combine. Add chicken and toss to coat in the marinade. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 2000C (1800C fan-forced). Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- 3Remove chicken pieces from the marinade and place on one tray, reserving any marinade. Roast chicken pieces for 30 minutes. Baste the chicken with any reserved marinade and return to oven for a further 20 minutes, or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, place sweet potatoes on remaining oven trays, drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with the salt. Roast for 50 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- 5CREAMED CORN: Meanwhile, heat the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the corn and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the cream and bring to boil, then remove from heat. Using a stick blender, pulse the corn mixture 2 or 3 times to puree half, leaving some kernels still whole. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 6Serve the chicken with Creamed Corn, potato, lime wedges and herbs.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Lamb korma meatball curryJul 02, 2020
- Slow-cooker lamb cassouletJul 02, 2020
- 12 incredible ideas for scone toppingsJul 02, 2020
- Easy apple crumble recipes for dessertJul 01, 2020
- 18 sensational upside-down cakesJul 01, 2020
- 10 easy pancake recipesJul 01, 2020
- Fennel recipesJul 01, 2020