- 500 gram broccoli
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green ginger
- 2 onions
- 4 sticks celery
- 1 bunch mustard cabbage or spinach, small
- 250 gram snow peas
- 8 shallots
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1Prepare vegetables - peel and quarter onions; string celery and slice diagonally; take the leaves from the stalks of the cabbage, slice the stalks diagonally and slice leaves roughly; trim stalks from broccoli, cut stalks into even, diagonal lengths (thick stalks may also be cut in half vertically)and cut broccoli tops into florets; string snow peas; slice shallots diagonally.
- 2Heat oil in wok or large frying pan, add ginger, sliced cabbage stalks, broccoli stalks and onion; stir gently to coat all vegetables with oil, cook for one minute.
- 3Add remaining vegetables, toss together lightly.
- 4Stir in water and crumbled stock cubes, bring to boil. Cover and cook until vegetables are just tender, about three minutes. Remove lid to stir occasionally. Garnish with sliced shallots.
Other vegetables can be used in addition to, or in place of, those listed. Choose from thinly sliced carrots, cauliflower florets, sliced beans, cubed red or green peppers and sliced zucchini. Add these vegetables in step 2.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas cookies recipesYesterday 10:02pm
- Summer puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 recipes for a modern Australian ChristmasNov 10, 2019
- Cauliflower 'rice' pilafNov 07, 2019
- Chocolate sour cream cakeNov 06, 2019
- Tomato, prosciutto and mozzarella tartNov 06, 2019
- 13 ways with broad beansNov 05, 2019
- Spaghetti carbonaraNov 05, 2019
- Gingerbread biscuitsNov 05, 2019
- Prawn, pea & broad bean frittataNov 05, 2019
- The best finger foods for your next partyNov 03, 2019
- Very green veggie curryNov 03, 2019
- Snapper and tomato tray bakeNov 03, 2019