- 500 gram broccoli
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green ginger
- 2 onions
- 4 sticks celery
- 1 bunch mustard cabbage or spinach, small
- 250 gram snow peas
- 8 shallots
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1Prepare vegetables - peel and quarter onions; string celery and slice diagonally; take the leaves from the stalks of the cabbage, slice the stalks diagonally and slice leaves roughly; trim stalks from broccoli, cut stalks into even, diagonal lengths (thick stalks may also be cut in half vertically)and cut broccoli tops into florets; string snow peas; slice shallots diagonally.
- 2Heat oil in wok or large frying pan, add ginger, sliced cabbage stalks, broccoli stalks and onion; stir gently to coat all vegetables with oil, cook for one minute.
- 3Add remaining vegetables, toss together lightly.
- 4Stir in water and crumbled stock cubes, bring to boil. Cover and cook until vegetables are just tender, about three minutes. Remove lid to stir occasionally. Garnish with sliced shallots.
Other vegetables can be used in addition to, or in place of, those listed. Choose from thinly sliced carrots, cauliflower florets, sliced beans, cubed red or green peppers and sliced zucchini. Add these vegetables in step 2.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeAug 23, 2019
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019