- 250 gram (8 ounces) dried rice stick noodles
- 625 gram (1¼ pounds) beef eye fillet, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon thai chilli jam
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), sliced thinly
- 155 gram (5 ounces) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh thai basil leaves
- 1Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until tender, drain.
- 2Combine beef and half the chilli jam in a medium bowl. Stir-fry beef, in batches, in an oiled wok over high heat until browned; remove from wok.
- 3Add capsicum to wok; stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender. Return beef to wok with noodles, peas, the water and remaining chilli jam; stir-fry until hot. Season to taste; serve sprinkled with Thai basil.
Use sweet basil if Thai basil is unavailable. Thai chilli jam is a combination of garlic, shallots, chilli, tomato paste, fish sauce, galangal, spices and shrimp paste. It is sold under various names, and can be found in the Asian food section of most supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneYesterday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesYesterday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019