- 250 gram (8 ounces) dried rice stick noodles
- 625 gram (1¼ pounds) beef eye fillet, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon thai chilli jam
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), sliced thinly
- 155 gram (5 ounces) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh thai basil leaves
- 1Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until tender, drain.
- 2Combine beef and half the chilli jam in a medium bowl. Stir-fry beef, in batches, in an oiled wok over high heat until browned; remove from wok.
- 3Add capsicum to wok; stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender. Return beef to wok with noodles, peas, the water and remaining chilli jam; stir-fry until hot. Season to taste; serve sprinkled with Thai basil.
Use sweet basil if Thai basil is unavailable. Thai chilli jam is a combination of garlic, shallots, chilli, tomato paste, fish sauce, galangal, spices and shrimp paste. It is sold under various names, and can be found in the Asian food section of most supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Basic white breadYesterday 5:27am
- Tuna mornayYesterday 1:00am
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesYesterday 12:03am
- Shepherd's pieMay 24, 2020
- Chicken noodle soupMay 24, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMay 22, 2020
- How to remove and eat pomegranate seedsMay 21, 2020
- Perfect pomegranate recipesMay 21, 2020
- Paprika chickenMay 21, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesMay 21, 2020