- 250 gram (8 ounces) dried rice stick noodles
- 625 gram (1¼ pounds) beef eye fillet, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon thai chilli jam
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), sliced thinly
- 155 gram (5 ounces) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh thai basil leaves
- 1Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until tender, drain.
- 2Combine beef and half the chilli jam in a medium bowl. Stir-fry beef, in batches, in an oiled wok over high heat until browned; remove from wok.
- 3Add capsicum to wok; stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender. Return beef to wok with noodles, peas, the water and remaining chilli jam; stir-fry until hot. Season to taste; serve sprinkled with Thai basil.
Use sweet basil if Thai basil is unavailable. Thai chilli jam is a combination of garlic, shallots, chilli, tomato paste, fish sauce, galangal, spices and shrimp paste. It is sold under various names, and can be found in the Asian food section of most supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019