- 250 gram (8 ounces) dried rice stick noodles
- 625 gram (1¼ pounds) beef eye fillet, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon thai chilli jam
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper) (200g), sliced thinly
- 155 gram (5 ounces) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh thai basil leaves
- 1Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water; stand until tender, drain.
- 2Combine beef and half the chilli jam in a medium bowl. Stir-fry beef, in batches, in an oiled wok over high heat until browned; remove from wok.
- 3Add capsicum to wok; stir-fry for 1 minute or until tender. Return beef to wok with noodles, peas, the water and remaining chilli jam; stir-fry until hot. Season to taste; serve sprinkled with Thai basil.
Use sweet basil if Thai basil is unavailable. Thai chilli jam is a combination of garlic, shallots, chilli, tomato paste, fish sauce, galangal, spices and shrimp paste. It is sold under various names, and can be found in the Asian food section of most supermarkets.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021