- 1 bunch coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 35 gram sachet fajita seasoning mix
- 400 gram bottled tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) beef stock
- 400 gram can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- tortilla chips and sour cream, to serve (optional)
- 1Separate coriander roots, stems and leaves. Wash and finely chop roots, stems and half the leaves; reserve remaining leaves to serve.
- 2Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in chopped coriander, garlic and seasoning mix; cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 3Increase heat to high and add mince; cook, stirring to break up any clumps, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Add pasta sauce, stock and beans; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Skim and discard fat from surface. Season to taste.
- 4Serve soup with tortilla chips, sour cream and topped with reserved coriander leaves
- Soup can be made to the end of step 3 up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container. Or freeze it for up to 3 months; thaw in the fridge, then reheat in a microwave.
- Divide soup among portion-sized airtight containers. Transport in cooler bags. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Reheat in a microwave. Alternatively, reheat soup at home and transport in a thermos.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Perfect potato saladNov 15, 2019
- Banoffee pieNov 14, 2019
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsNov 14, 2019
- Classic Christmas trifleNov 14, 2019
- 24 last-minute dinner recipes for entertainingNov 14, 2019
- White ChristmasNov 13, 2019
- How to make an easy gingerbread houseNov 13, 2019
- How to make basic sconesNov 13, 2019
- Caesar saladNov 13, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladNov 13, 2019
- Meatloaf recipe - classicNov 13, 2019
- Lemon meringue pieNov 13, 2019
- How to make a towering pavlova Christmas treeNov 13, 2019
- Curried sausagesNov 13, 2019
- 13 Christmas cookies recipesNov 12, 2019