Chilli con capsicum
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, diced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 35 gram sachet mexican spice mix
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cup beef stock
- 400 gram can diced tomatoes
- 20 gram dark chocolate, grated
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- coriander leaves, tortilla chips, sour cream, to serve
Chilli con capsicum
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2In a large ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil on medium. Brown mince for 4-5 minutes, breaking up lumps. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3In same pan, saute capsicum, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add spice mix and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste and cook a further 1 minute. Mix in stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- 4Return mince to pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened. Stir dark chocolate through and season to taste.
- 5Serve sprinkled with cheese and coriander leaves. Accompany with tortilla chips and sour cream.
Use turkey, chicken, lamb or beef mince if liked.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm