- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 centimetre (4-inch) piece (50g) fresh ginger, grated finely
- 4 fresh long red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 kilogram minced (ground) chicken
- 1/3 cup (80ml) oyster sauce
- 230 gram canned sliced water chestnuts, drained, rinsed
- 2 cup (160g) bean sprouts
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup (50g) roasted unsalted cashews
- 1Heat oil in a wok or large, deep frying pan, cook garlic, ginger and chilli, stirring, over high heat, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 2Add chicken to wok, cook, stirring, until browned. Add sauce, chestnuts, sprouts and onion, stir until heated through.
- 3Spoon chicken mixture into lettuce leaves, sprinkle with nuts. If you like, serve with some extra chopped chilli and lemon wedges.
You will need about 2 iceberg lettuces for this recipe. To easily separate the lettuce leaves without tearing, use a sharp knife to remove the core at the base of the lettuce. Hold the lettuce, cut-side up, under cold running water. Gently separate leaves one at a time, using the weight of the running water between the leaves to assist you.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 3:18am
- Luscious lemon cakeToday 12:01am
- Broccoli, mustard and cheddar hand piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Blueberry muffinsYesterday 1:00pm
- Chocolate slab cakeOct 28, 2020
- Sensational spring dinnersOct 28, 2020
- Easy vanilla cupcakesOct 28, 2020
- Chicken & watercress pasta saladOct 28, 2020
- Almond friandsOct 28, 2020
- Oven temperature conversionsOct 28, 2020
- Sweet curried sausagesOct 27, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, feta and chickpea saladOct 27, 2020
- Allergy-friendly fruit mince tartsOct 27, 2020
- EggnogOct 27, 2020