- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 cm piece fresh ginger (50g), grated finely
- 4 fresh long red chillies, chopped finely
- 1 kilogram minced chicken
- ¹⁄³ cup (80ml) oyster sauce
- 230 grams canned sliced water chestnuts, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups (160g) bean sprouts
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves
- ¹⁄³ cup (50g) roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 fresh long red chilli, extra, sliced thinly on the diagonal (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan; stir-fry garlic, ginger and chilli over high heat for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 2Add chicken to wok; stir-fry until browned all over. Add sauce, chestnuts, sprouts and green onion; stir-fry mixture until heated through.
- 3Spoon chicken mixture into lettuce leaves; sprinkle with cashews and extra chilli.
You will need about 2 iceberg lettuces for this recipe. To easily separate the lettuce leaves without tearing, use a sharp knife to remove the core at the base of the lettuce. Hold the lettuce, cut-side up, under cold running water. Gently separate leaves one at a time, using the weight of the running water between the leaves to assist you.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021
- Corned beef and red cabbage sandwichJun 20, 2021