- 1 jumbo tortilla or wrap
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chilli in adobo sauce
- 2 chicken thigh fillets (400g), trimmed
- 1/2 corn cob (400g)
- 2 large cherry tomatoes (25g), seeded, diced finely
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 250g packet microwave brown rice
- 2 tablespoon coriander sprigs
- 1/2 cup (40g) thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Cut an 8cm wedge from tortilla. Brush tortilla and wedge on both sides with oil. Place tortilla in an ovenproof bowl, slightly overlapping the cut edge to form the shape of a bowl. Bake in oven for 6 minutes. Carefully transfer tortilla, domed side up, to a small oven tray with the tortilla wedge; bake for a further 6 minutes or until golden. The tortilla bowl (tostada) and tortilla wedge will crisp as they cool.
- 3Meanwhile, combine half the chilli and oil in a small bowl; season with salt. Add chicken; turn to coat in mixture.
- 4Heat a frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through, adding corn to the pan during the last 4 minutes. Rest chicken for 5 minutes, then thinly slice chicken and corn kernels from cob.
- 5Meanwhile, combine remaining chilli, tomato, juice of half the lime and chopped coriander in a bowl. Season to taste.
- 6Heat rice according to packet instructions. Place warmed rice into tostada; top with chicken, coriander sprigs, corn, cabbage and salsa. Serve with remaining lime wedges and sour cream.
Refrigerate leftover chipotle in a small screw-top jar for up to 1 month. To make a chicken burrito, warm the tortilla and wrap around the filling ingredients. Chipotle in adobo is a hot, smoky-flavoured Mexican sauce made from chipotles (smoke-dried jalapeno chillies). It is available from Mexican and specialist food shops. The recipe can easily be doubled for two people. For a vegetarian tostada, replace the chicken in step 3 with a 400g can of rinsed, drained kidney beans.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Yum-yum dan dan noodlesYesterday 1:00pm
- Stained glass biscottiYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best shepherd's pieYesterday 1:00pm
- Nougat semifreddo in white chcocolate conesYesterday 1:00pm
- 19 turkey recipes for the festive seasonYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 recipes to make your Christmas stress-freeYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 prawn salad recipes for you to try this ChristmasYesterday 1:00pm
- 13 outstanding Christmas dessertsYesterday 1:00pm
- Christmas tree shortbreadsYesterday 6:06am
- Jam shortbread snowflakesYesterday 6:00am
- Delicious pumpkin rolls with cook and TV personality Diana ChanYesterday 5:00am
- Classic rum ballsYesterday 4:29am
- How to make your own pizza doughYesterday 4:00am
- Chocolate fig panforteYesterday 1:18am
- How to make honeycomb from scratchYesterday 12:29am