- 3 fresh jalapeños or long green chillies
- 3 green onions (scallions), white and green parts
- 2 clove garlic
- 125 gram yellow grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), torn
- 120 gram cooked fresh crab meat
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 medium_piece (500g) avocados, chopped
- 3/4 cup (210g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- 2Cut two of the chillies in half lengthways. Place in a roasting pan with the white part of onion, garlic, tomatoes and half the oil, season with salt, toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes or until chillies are soft. Cool.
- 3Meanwhile, remove seeds from remaining chilli, chop finely. Thinly slice the green part of the onion. Combine chopped chilli, sliced green onion, coriander, crab and remaining oil in a medium bowl. Cover, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4Blend roasted vegetables with juice, the water, avocado and yoghurt until smooth. Season to taste. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 5Ladle chilled soup into bowls, top with crab mixture. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
If you want to reduce the intensity of the chillies, remove their seeds and membranes before roasting. You can use chopped prawns or diced scallops instead of the crab meat if you like. You will need 3 limes for this recipe. Avocados are grown year round in Australia with varieties peaking at different times. One of the tastiest is hass, with creamy flesh, an oval shape and pebbly dark skin as it ripens. To check if avocados are ripe, squeeze the neck end gently.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 4:28am
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022
- 11 mouth-watering jaffles for lunchJun 27, 2022
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesJun 27, 2022
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeJun 27, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022