- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 large brown onion (200g), chopped coarsely
- 1 large red capsicum (350g), chopped coarsely
- 400 gram canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 400 gram canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 teaspoon harissa
- 2 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1/4 fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1Heat a large, deep ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat; cook seeds and paprika, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add oil, garlic and chilli; cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 2Add onion and capsicum; cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until onion is softened. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, the water, harrisa and sugar; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid has thickened slightly.
- 3Using a spoon, make four shallow indents in the tomato mixture. Crack 1 egg into each hole. Cook, covered, on low heat, for 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks still remain runny, or until cooked to your liking. Serve topped with coriander.
- 4Serve with baked chia seed mountain bread wraps and chilli oil. Preheat oven to 220°C. Spray wraps with cooking oil; cut wraps into quarters. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Harissa is a hot paste; there are many different brands available on the market, and the strengths vary enormously. If you have a low heat-level tolerance, you may find this, and any other recipe containing harissa, too hot to tolerate, even if you reduce the amount.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Eggplant ma po tofuToday 1:20am
- Brilliant brownie recipesYesterday 1:29am
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 12:58am
- Healthy banana breadFeb 20, 2020
- Portuguese chickens with fig saladFeb 20, 2020
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieFeb 20, 2020
- Caramel sliceFeb 19, 2020
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawFeb 19, 2020
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsFeb 19, 2020
- Fish and chipsFeb 19, 2020
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniFeb 19, 2020
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingFeb 19, 2020
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Feb 19, 2020