- 125 gram canned chickpeas (garbanzos), rinsed, drained
- 1 (130g), lebanese cucumber chopped coarsely
- 1/2 small_piece (50g) red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (40g) seeded kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small_piece (75g) yellow capsicum (bell pepper), chopped coarsely
- 1 small_piece (60g) egg (plum) tomato, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoon low-fat tzatziki
- 1 slice (45g) wholemeal bread, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1Make lemon dressing. Combine ingredients in screw-top jar, shake well.
- 2Combine chickpeas, cucumber, onion, olives, parsley, capsicum, tomato and lemon dressing in medium bowl.
- 3Serve salad topped with tzatziki, accompany with toast.
Tzatziki is a Greek yogurt dip made with cucumber, garlic and sometimes chopped fresh mint. It's available, ready-made, from supermarkets and delicatessens.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese omeletteYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021