- 100 gram wholemeal penne
- 1 cup (160g) cooked chicken, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup (25g) walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 80 gram reduced-fat fetta, crumbled
- 1 (100g) trimmed stalk celery, sliced finely
- 1 small_piece (130g) apple, sliced finely
- 1/2 small_piece (50g) red onion, sliced finely
- 1/4 cup (60ml) 99% fat-free vinaigrette
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain.
- 2Combine pasta with remaining ingredients in a large bowl, toss gently.
Use barbecued chicken breast with the skin removed, leftover roast chicken, or pan-fried or poached chicken breasts. If making ahead of time, don't dress the salad until ready to serve. We used a fat-free french vinaigrette, but dress the salad with your favourite fat-free dressing.