Chicken tikka curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 800 gram chicken tenderloins, chopped coarsely (see tips)
- 1 medium brown onion (150g), cut into wedges
- 1 large red capsicum (bell pepper) (350g), chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup (100g) tikka curry paste
- 1/2 cup (125ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 250 gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup (200g) greek-style yoghurt
- 1/2 cup (140g) greek-style yoghurt, extra
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh mint sprigs
- 1 small cauliflower (1kg), stems finely chopped, florets coarsely chopped
- 1 lebanese cucumber (130g)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
Chicken tikka curry with cauliflower rice
- 1Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat; cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes or until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- 2Add onion and capsicum to same pan, reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add curry paste to pan; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 3Return chicken to pan with stock, the water and tomato; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat; stir in yoghurt.
- 4Make cauliflower rice: Process cauliflower until finely chopped and resembles rice. Place cauliflower in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until just tender. Season to taste.
- 5Make cucumber salad: Using a vegetable peeler, slice cucumber lengthways into long, thin ribbons. Combine cucumber and mint in a medium bowl.
- 6Top chicken with extra yoghurt and mint sprigs. Serve with cauliflower rice and cucumber salad.
Chicken tenderloins may also be sold as chicken tenders. You can use coarsely chopped chicken breast fillet, but be careful not to overcook it. Simmer the curry in step 2, until chicken is just cooked through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chinese omelettesYesterday 1:00pm
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceYesterday 1:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Fruit mince piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Traditional shortbreadYesterday 1:00pm
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Curried pasta saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Our best homemade sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon and sugar pancakesYesterday 1:00pm
- Classic Christmas trifleYesterday 6:13am
- How to make the perfect Christmas puddingYesterday 1:58am
- Basic sausage rollsYesterday 1:00am
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafYesterday 12:50am
- Pumpkin, spinach and fetta frittataOct 21, 2020
- Spinach dip cob loafOct 21, 2020